Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this as you can tell. I have recently acquired an Alfa. On the firewall, in the engine compartment, one plaque reads: "Guila GTC 10525" and another number below the first "3634". Stamped into the body in another location on firewall in engine compartment it reads "AR 755586" with a tag saying "Superleggera Touring 17137". Any assistance finding the year would be of great help. I have a title which tells me the serial number is 149500999 and that it is a 1957, but not sure.

·
Premium Member
21,715 Posts
Got pics? These cars are rare and valuable enough nowadays that you'd hope to save it if you could. Sports Car Market price guide would list a value of a good car, I don't have it handy, maybe someone else does. Parts car, so hard to know without seeing more. But I suspect you'll get a push to save it if possible or pass it on to someone who will, rather than part it.

Andrew

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can post pictures in the future.... it's NOT a parts car, the previous owner took it apart 40 years ago to start the restoration.....

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
You have a 1965 GTC. The value will depend on the amount of rust in the body and the completeness of the "parts" collection. Many small trim items are specific to the GTC and very difficult to find.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks...the car was garaged = no rust. I think I have all parts too. I was thinking of options. 1) selling car 2) restoring it

Never restored an Alfa...

·
Premium Member
21,715 Posts
The value on these has gone up a lot, but it may still be that the cost of a full restoration will exceed the market value. Still, no rust is a good place to start, if true.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,715 Posts
Search for GTC in the cars for sale and wanted section. $35K for a rusty project car, didn't sell here but did sell afterward on ebay. 75K Euros for a complete car, I guess a nice one.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I'd recommend selling as is unless you really want one to drive. If it is truly rust free, it will sell for a good price.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
If that is the only title you have as described, I wouldn't represent it as the title to the car since they are not remotely associated to each other. I'm not suggesting you are.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts