Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I bought a GT Junior non-step front grilles. I didn't find a pair from the same vendor at a reasonable price so i bought the right grille from a seller and the left grille from another one. I recevied the grilles but they are different!!! The chrome part are different!!! I didn't know there was a design change in this type of grille. Or one is original and the other is a today remade parts? Someone has some info? Please let me know. Thanks
Some pic for checking the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Hard to tell from your pictures. Wonder if one side has been apart with its original mate and reassembled wrong chrome put on wrong side. Put another way, Are your 2 chromes identical to each other.

Also a good idea to give year and engine size of your late junior.

Ken

Reactions: GTA ALFA

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The left side chrome looks to be recreated, in an attempt to make it look like an original piece. Its proportions are off in cross-section at each end.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to tell from your pictures. Wonder if one sode has been apart with its original mate and reassembled wrong chrome pm wrong side. Put anothet way, Are your 2 chromes identical to each other.

Also a good idea to give year and engine size of your late junior.

Ken
Thanks for answering. The chromes are different. To check the differences a careful look is necessary. Maybe in the first three photos the differences are obvious. The car is a '72 GT 1300 Junior.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The left side chrome looks to be recreated, in an attempt to make it look like an original piece. Its proportions are off in cross-section at each end.
Thanks for answering. Do you refer to the left side in the photos or to the grille mounted on the car?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Do you refer to the left side in the photos or to the grille mounted on the car
Yes, left side of photo. Your best bet is to locate another left side trim or grille set in Europe. North America saw very few smooth nose Juniors. Try Subito, ebay, or maybe through Alfaholics.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hi Dam,

If you can't find them, I do have a set in very good condition, minor scratches on the inox parts. Original stuff, about 45 years old, so not for free anymore these days !
If interested send me a PM with your name and the country where the parts should be shipped to for calculating the fees.

Rgds,

Thierry (Be)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts