Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my power steering line, from the pump to the rack, rebuilt and am trying to install it. Getting it off was pretty tricky given how little space there is but I've been trying to get the banjo bolt that attaches it to the rack on for an hour and a half so far. Any tricks? I've gone at it from the top, taken the exhaust after the manifold off to get at it from the bottom and taken the wheel off to get at it from the side with no luck. Help me out oh experienced ones.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Hi
The line needs to be completely lose when you try and attach it to the rack. If there's any kind of drag on the line it's almost impossible to start (as you've noticed).

Working through the wheel well with the tire off is the best angle IIRC.

Test fit the banjo bolt before trying to install line. Does the banjo bolt start easily by itself?
Also be sure to use new crush-able copper washers. Hopefully the hydraulic shop gave you some.
Bye

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got it! I removed the larger hydraulic line from the rack to get it out of the way of the smaller one allowing me to access it through the wheel well. With some more swearing I was able to thread it on a hair and then get a wrench on from the top. It went on smoothly with no binding. I would recommend this method for anyone else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts