Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 2.5V6 Milano project car in El Salvador. The car has Colorado, USA, smog windshield stickers. The VIN is ZARDA1363H1026298.

Is it a silver or a platinum? :question: It has leather/swede interior, and wonder if it comes with a LSD. Thank you.

Sam

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know which it is but the 2.5s didn't have Lsds, only the Turbo, 3 litre and Twinspark did.
Thanks for the info, Mound Dawg! Incidentally, I'm looking for a recessed "euro" grille just like your avatar's to replace the flush grille on my Milano, any ideas where I can get one?

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Don't know which it is but the 2.5s didn't have Lsds, only the Turbo, 3 litre and Twinspark did.
That may have been the case on your side of the pond but the 2.5 platinums sold in the states had LSD's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That may have been the case on your side of the pond but the 2.5 platinums sold in the states had LSD's.
Interesting contribution to the topic. Just had the Milano towed in my backyard this weekend. We'll know for sure as soon as I start delving into the mechanicals next weekend. Any ideas on the car's variant, though, might it be a Platinum? Gray leather seats, sunroof and wine glass wheels tell anything at all? Regards,

Sam

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there any webpage where I can get the VIN checked?

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
I think that the leather seats mean its a platinum. It should also have ABS brakes.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,419 Posts
The VIN is ZARDA1363H1026298
The VIN number tells you all you need to know:

ZARDA114 = Milano Silver
ZARDA116 = Milano Gold
ZARDA124 = Milano Verde (3.0)
ZARDA136 = Milano Platinum

All of the Platinums originally had LSD gearboxes with 4.10 final drive. However, I have heard of a few that were noisy and dealers swapped them with non-LSD gearboxes under warranty early in life figuring the customer wouldn't really know the difference...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
oh and i have a gold which had leather seats so i don't think you can use that as a determining factor.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Welcome to Milano ownership!

Your car is a Platinum

Year: 1987
Trim Level: Platinum
Transmission: 5-Speed

I have a VIN decoder that I developed on my Milano Registry. Make sure you get a log on ID and get it entered into the Registry!

Kevin

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The VIN number tells you all you need to know:

ZARDA114 = Milano Silver
ZARDA116 = Milano Gold
ZARDA124 = Milano Verde (3.0)
ZARDA136 = Milano Platinum

All of the Platinums originally had LSD gearboxes with 4.10 final drive. However, I have heard of a few that were noisy and dealers swapped them with non-LSD gearboxes under warranty early in life figuring the customer wouldn't really know the difference...
Thanks so much for this valuable and insightful information, JoeCab. Makes for a very interesting story, once I dig out more about the history of my (now for sure, Platinum) Milano. :cool: Best regards,

Samuel

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to Milano ownership!

Your car is a Platinum

Year: 1987
Trim Level: Platinum
Transmission: 5-Speed

I have a VIN decoder that I developed on my Milano Registry. Make sure you get a log on ID and get it entered into the Registry!

Kevin
Awesome, this is great. I'll check out the Milano Registry ASAP. Best,

Sam

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If it originally had leather seats, it should have been a platinum and come with LSD. And yes, in the US both the platinum and the verde should have had an LSD when they were new.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,419 Posts
If it originally had leather seats, it should have been a platinum and come with LSD.
Usually true, but not always.

For the 1987 model year [only] the leather seats were an option on the Gold model.

I think there were very few sold that way, but I used to own one and I have an early 1987 brochure that lists leather as an option.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

For the 1987 model year [only] the leather seats were an option on the Gold model.

I think there were very few sold that way, but I used to own one and I have an early 1987 brochure that lists leather as an option.
Interesting, I have seen pics of gold milanos with those seats, but I thought they might have been added later. For one thats all stock a platinum should still have 15 inch wheels, different colored (not gold) trunk badge, and maybe heater side mirrors too though I think.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

i guess that's what mine is....

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thanks for the info, Mound Dawg! Incidentally, I'm looking for a recessed "euro" grille just like your avatar's to replace the flush grille on my Milano, any ideas where I can get one?
I may have a used red one about here somewhere. There's the yellow one and a black one I use on the car but if the red one is about I'm happy to sell that. I'll have a look out for it and let you know.

·
Registered
276 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts