Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a complete novice when it comes to anything on wheels pre 1969, but this summer I went to a couple of vintage hillclimbs and got completely sucked into the world of vintage motor cars.

Here are three vehicles I snapped at Prescott in August that I am trying to identify for use on my blog linked here which I started a month ago. At the time I had not twigged these vehicles were supplied as a rolling chassis and so appear very different to one another.

First I am pretty sure is a 6C it was parked with several others as part of the 100 th Alfa Anniversary, there was a call to help give someone a push start before I got a chance to snap the information board that was helpfully displayed alongside.

Second up this 6C ? featured a Touring of Milan badge above one of the running boards.

Finally IIRC I counted eight pipes coming off two manifolds between the louvres in the bonnet on this magnificent Alfa so could this be an 8C ?

The licence plate was HY 5053.

The silver stripe on the bodywork is reminiscent of that I have seen on this 6C, would that be a Touring trade mark of the time ?

Thanking you on anticipation of your responses.

·
Registered
161 Posts
First Car is an 1929 6C 1750 Super Sport #0312961.
Second Car is an 8C 2300 and third Car, 1931 8C 2300 Lungo Torpedo #2111022

Regards
Jörg

·
Registered
4 Posts
KYR 564 was pictured on the cover of "The Automobile" for August 2010 and was the subject of a two part article by Simon Moore in that issue and the September one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks orouge most interesting information :) Lennon's Ferrari was withdrawn from the same sale I guess prices must be low at this moment in time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts