Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have been more organized in my tear down process but I do know that some of these items generically come with the gasket kit but can you help identify which ones I really need?

The first picture is the bendy tabs. The big round one is easy but I don't remember where the other ones go?

The second picture is of the rubber grommets. I know the tiny ones are something around the head gasket but where do they go and what are all the other ones for? The 4 mystery grommets alternate between round and square profiles.

The third picture is the metal washers. I put in a quarter and a oil sump drain plug washer to compare site. The smallest one is probably for the oil pressure sending unit but what are all the others? The far right silver one is different from the other two that appear similar.

I do appreciate the assistance!

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 3 good books:

Alfa Romeo DOHC engine high performance manual by Jim Kartalamakis

Alfa Romeo short spares parts catalogue

Alfa Romeo shop manual.

But none of them give me what I need for this particular question.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
The four tabs with 2 holes are the flywheel lock tabs for a 1300/1600 motors maybe 1750 too. The two tabs are the camshaft lock tabs. The long one might be the #5 main bearing cap lock tab, although I haven't seen that type before. I'm familiar with the single tab per side. The six O-rings are the oil rings that seal the head to the block, usually these are replaced with square cut Viton seals. The seal on the right is the valve guide seal, the next one looks like the oil pump to block seal, the thick O-ring is the front cover to block seal, and I can't recall the large O-ring. The crush washers, one must be for the oil pan drain plug, The others, ? I have a bunch of those too. Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
105 Posts
yes, one of those small copper crush washers is for the oil pressure sender.

glad you posted this. I was wondering something similar when looking at my gasket kit...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts