Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I’m doing a coolant flush on my 69 US spec Roundtail.
Can anyone tell me what this brass bolt is for? There is another smaller bolt at the front of this manifold for bleeding the coolant. Is this one just another bleed port?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
That is a bayonet bolt that holds the spout for the heater hose to the manifold. Spout is sealed with two equal size copper or aluminum washers.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Banjo bolt! After I made my post, something was bugging me... Probably shouldn't have had that doob for breakfast.
1599317245118.png

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hi Redline1750,

If my memory is correct, the fluid is heated when passing through the engine, than it goes from the inlet manifold to the heater to release its heat there and flows than back from the heater to the water pump for a new cycle.

So I guess it is ' towards the heater core.'

Rgds,

Thierry

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Fluid path is from rear to front of the manifold. The coolant warms in the engine, when it reaches operating temperature the thermostat (located at the front of the intake manifold) opens and the coolant flows into the radiator top tank to flow down through the tubes and out of the bottom into the coolant pump. I'm sure that one of the really cool members has a factory diagram that will post later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Or maybe Thierry is correct.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Yup. That's it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts