Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all!! I'm having a heck of a time tracking down a manual transmission for a 1994 164 LS!!! I'm looking at buying a 164 with a totalled tranny...But, i cant seem to find a transmission for it!

Any ideas or transmissions out there?

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't use a 164Q transmission, but I'm guessing that would be as equally difficult to find. What is wrong with the current transmission?

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts
Hello to all!! I'm having a heck of a time tracking down a manual transmission for a 1994 164 LS!!! I'm looking at buying a 164 with a totalled tranny...But, i cant seem to find a transmission for it!

Any ideas or transmissions out there?

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Transmission
5SPD,BLACK,LS,BD CLUCH BK0201 $750 Tallant Bros. Auto Parts USA-GA(Cumming) 1-800-635-0351

Transmission
Alfa 164 Sedan 1 A P06436 $850 Olston's Auto Recyclers - ARAPro USA-NE(Lincoln) 1-800-223-7020

1995 I THINK THIS ONE IS A/T
Transmission
9-94,3.0L,FL-AOT 105,000 A 06F136 $Call Remeca Corp Auto Salvage USA-FL(Riverview) 1-813-677-2811

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

-It sounds like the sycros are seized up and the diff. pin fired through the tranny.

-I'm looking to buy this car. I havent invested yet...

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Thanks guys!

-It sounds like the sycros are seized up and the diff. pin fired through the tranny.

It looks like you're new to this forum. It might help for this post and future posts that you put your location or general area in your signature or profile. I'm not talking about your exact street address, but more like your general area.

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts
Thanks guys!

Did you see my post above?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes thanks so much! I'll make some calls on monday.

Do you guys have any idea if anyone reconditions them in the US? I would love to get one with new guts!

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Yes thanks so much! I'll make some calls on monday.

Do you guys have any idea if anyone reconditions them in the US? I would love to get one with new guts!
Stu, how handy are you with working on cars? You might be better off finding a 164 that is already road-ready and semi-reliable...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very, I grew up in an Alfa family. I've owned everything from a 74 GTV 2000 to a Mercury Sable wagon with a 3-series and a STI somewhere in the mix.

This 164 is a gem though, I would hate to pass it up. Its been owned locally for 9 years and only has 80,000 miles on it. The interior, body, and motor all are on the up and up. I plan to use it as a daily driver, with room for guests.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Oh I see, then go for it if you have the space, money, and time!

You might also try Alfa Parts Exchange if you don't have any luck with the other places above. They're located in Tracy, CA and their phone number is (209)833-8330. You might also have a look on eBay as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Sean! I really appreciate it! I emailed APE and hope to get a response on Monday. One of the bad things (along with a laundry list of others) about living in Minnesota is shipping costs. But that just comes with a car guys territory...I guess.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Quote,

Transmission
Alfa 164 Sedan 1 A P06436 $850 Olston's Auto Recyclers - ARAPro USA-NE(Lincoln) 1-800-223-7020

I have used Olston's Auto Recyclers and they were nice people and when I had to return a a/c climate control unit for $100 they said "if its bad just discard it" and sent me a check back for the full price and s+h!

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts
Thanks Sean! I really appreciate it! I emailed APE and hope to get a response on Monday. One of the bad things (along with a laundry list of others) about living in Minnesota is shipping costs. But that just comes with a car guys territory...I guess.

If you want a quick answer from APE you need to spend your dime on a phone call instead of email I believe.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Yes call as Steve says I do not think they check there emails.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Very, I grew up in an Alfa family. I've owned everything from a 74 GTV 2000 to a Mercury Sable wagon with a 3-series and a STI somewhere in the mix.

This 164 is a gem though, I would hate to pass it up. Its been owned locally for 9 years and only has 80,000 miles on it. The interior, body, and motor all are on the up and up. I plan to use it as a daily driver, with room for guests.
Stu,
I saw that one advertised locally. Looked tempting but I've already got plenty of work to do on my fleet. I emailed them looking for info on it and got no reply. I assumed you called them and checked it out? My questions on it dealt with the age of the timing belt and the AC system.

Good luck with it.
Scott in St. Paul

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've dealt with APE several times over the years and have always gotten good stuff from them. I thought they didn't do email. Suggest you call them and leave a message. Call back the next day if you don't hear back from them.

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Call APE. It's the best way to insure a response.
They got me an ECU for the LS a couple of years ago when no one else could.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I dealt with APE recently concerning parts for my 95 and they are great. I know that he has many parts available for the LS. Give him a call.

Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to everyone! Sounds like APE is the answer! Hope to have the 164 soon... I'll post pictures ASAP!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts