Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the piston has no compression and the valve was found to be burnt. My mechanic told me that this is due to low octane petrol. I disagreed because from day 1, I have used octane 98. Anyone can explain??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It is very rare the valves burn in the 147 and other models that use the same engine.
More probably it due to pure material or a broken valve spring (also a very, very rare thing)
Your ID name and the pictures suggest that your 147 is new. If so or less than 2 years old, I would contact the suppling dealer or autorished service point you have been using and make a complaint. If older, but still a fully serviced. documented in the service book, I'll contact the local distributor.
Erik

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks alot! Yeah the car is about 38 months old when valve were found to be burnt. Well, I did complaint to the local authorised distributor but was give krabs reason i.e. due to low octane petrol. As I am the sole driver of the car, I am very dead sure that it has been fed with octane 98 from day 1. Even worse, I was told to pursue the matter with local petrol company i.e. SHELL. What a joke!! They are giving me full load of ****s reasons except accepting the fact that this is a manufacturing defect or assembly defect which could have result to burnt valve over a period of time. I tried writting to ITALY alfa romeo for explaination but their official web site is not in English and therefore I have given up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts