Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post :) My husband and I rescued a 1985 Alfa Spyder from my father who was gonna sell it. We've had a significant amount of work done on it. Most recently, we noticed that it was leaking gas from the fuel line right as it enters the fuel pump (tank to pump hose). I called a local shop to ask for a quote on fixing it, and they estimated $125! That seems pretty steep to me and was hoping to get everyone's opinion. Also, I know this is a simple job. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether or not/how to go about doing this ourselves? We haven't done much car maintenance but we would eventually like to learn!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
This is an easy job and won't cost but a few bucks.
Jack the rear of the car up using a floor jack with a piece of wood, a folded towel or whatever between the jack and the rear differential. Place jack stands under the rear jacking points, as it's unsafe to work on a car with just a jack.
You can use regular fuel line and hose clamps from tank to pump as it's just gravity feed (other lines require high pressure line and fuel injection clamps). If you need to buy a jack and stands you'll still be out less than $125 and you'll need them for other projects anyway.
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/carburetors-fuel-injection-air-intake/14083-fuel-line-sizes-bosch-spider.html?highlight=fuel+line+size
Welcome to the forum! Now, post some pictures of your new car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts