Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm having the type of problem with my 67 Duetto that leads me to look for a new, very knowledgable mechanic somewhere in striking distance of NYC. I've had the car for a decade. It has a 2 liter hipo engine with hydraulic clutch, etc. and I have just spent over $10,000 attempting to get rid of weird driveline vibrations with the local Alfa mechanic I've used for the past several years. So far every idea about where the problem lies has lead to a complete rebuild of some portion of the driveline that "must be where it's coming from" since the last costly item didn't correct it. You can see by the dollars that we are talking engine, driveshaft, flywheel, rear end, etc. What we have been very successfull at is moving the vibration around to different rpm ranges. I've got about as much into this vibration as the car is worth but it would be a shame to just throw the car away at this point. Can anyone make a referral? thanks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Alfas Unlimited in Norfolk, CT. The Alfa guys on the East Coast. Honest and fair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Alfa's unlimited

Had a pretty unpleasant experience with them years ago on a large job. I know of their reputation and my experience may have been an extreme anomoly but I was too unhappy to go there again and they wouldn't welcome me. We had a financial settlement that prevents me from saying anything about the incident. Anyone else reading this shouldn't infer anything about Alfas Unlimited. Any other suggestions. Does anyone have experience with Alfa Auto Clinic on Long Island?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Best in New York

You can do no better than Guiseppe at Alfa Import Center (alfaimportcenter.com): fair and square, excellent mechanic. No BS. 718-381-6764.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
i use alfa auto clinic in baldwin, long island.

about an hour drive from manhattan for me, but i wouldnt trust my car with anyone else.

all the mechanics there are excellent and are the most knowledgable guys i have ever talked to regarding all alfa romeo cars.

give them a call 516.623.0199.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, I spent $10,000 with Giuseppi moving the vibration around the rpm range. He's tried everything, cost me a lot of money and its still there. I'm going to try the guys on Long Island. Glad lgbalfa has good experience with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts