Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Well my mirrors from Classic Alfa showed up today is it appears they sent me the wrong ones. This mirror supposed to have a 28 mm base but I measure 24 mm.

Now I assume I'm supposed to measure the base of the mirror and not the width of the plastic gasket . Correct??

Can someone please confirm that the base of the mirror should measure 28 mm as their website says.

I'd really appreciate any help as I'm pretty frustrated and eager to get my car back together.

Robert

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
I recently ordered these from Classic Alfa, and the base maximum width is 25.1 mm. They work on my S3 after setting up different screw holes (i.e., the base covers the opening for the OE powered mirror wires).

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Classic Alfa offers two versions, the 24mm wide base and a 28mm wide. The CH001 is the 24mm and the CH001/1 is the "wide base" at 28mm.
I, too ordered the CH001/1 wide base, and as I mentioned, as delivered the base is 25.1 mm wide. Whether ClassicAlfa sent me the wrong mirror, I don't know. I didn't keep the packaging.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Worked out ok

I went ahead and installed the mirrors they sent. Apparently they include the width of the gasket when specifying the width of the mirror... (A few more details/ measurements on the website would be helpful.)

Regardless they went on fine, and in my opinion look really good, after drilling a hole in the mounting plate that was already attached to the S4 door.

Here's a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Upside down photo

And I tried 3 times to get this picture right side up... Oh well Here's a different one. And even THIS one isn't landing the way it should.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
I went ahead and installed the mirrors they sent. Apparently they include the width of the gasket when specifying the width of the mirror... (A few more details/ measurements on the website would be helpful.)

Regardless they went on fine, and in my opinion look really good, after drilling a hole in the mounting plate that was already attached to the S4 door.

Here's a pic
What kind of tires you using? They look like they have good grip.

Congrats on the install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts