Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Alfa is a '75 Nuova Super 1300, and my tach stopped functioning... I'm guessing it needs the cable replaced.

From inspection, it appears I reach the connection by the water pump from under the car?

And to reach the back of the tach, the fuse box comes out and you're able to reach the back of the tach?

Please, please don't tell me the radiator has to come out.

And, would anybody know, whether my car is one of the "later models" where the cable inside the housing may be swapped? It's a Giulia model, with some things modern, and others from earlier specification.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
It's always been an alternator out job; you're a better man at it from below (lift the car?). The fusebox stays in, disconnect the battery, change from under the dash, When pulling the guts the new cable can "swim" along with the condition of the case. Have a great morning, been out exercising a very fast Alfa

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

It's always been an alternator out job; you're a better man at it from below (lift the car?). The fusebox stays in, disconnect the battery, change from under the dash, When pulling the guts the new cable can "swim" along with the condition of the case. Have a great morning, been out exercising a very fast Alfa
Thanks. With your description, I can see how removing the alternator will make the project much easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts