Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
Some of the "consumer" crimp connectors are of very poor quality. I solder whenever it is practical because I have more control over the quality of the joint.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow, what a lively discussion. After careful consideration of all the expert opinions, I will stick with wire nuts :)
Bad call. It's not a matter of if but when, that a failure will occur. If that's on the roadway with a lot of other cars around you, your a danger to them as well as yourself. Safety First Always! A faulty GM ignition switch has resulted in fatalities, not the same, but, anything can happen. Do it right, it's not a lot of extra work.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bad call. It's not a matter of if but when, that a failure will occur. If that's on the roadway with a lot of other cars around you, your a danger to them as well as yourself. Safety First Always! A faulty GM ignition switch has resulted in fatalities, not the same, but, anything can happen. Do it right, it's not a lot of extra work.
Sorry, I thought the smiley made it clear that I was joking. I ordered a ratcheting crimper.

·
Administrator
16,341 Posts
For situations where either a soldered/heat shrink covered or crimp connection is not practical/desired, I use Posi-Lock connectors. No special tools needed, re-usable, secure and they have a weather -proof version available. The only down side is their size - they are larger than crimps.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts