Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
It could be a question of lighting, but I do get the impression the heads of the Phillips screws have been poorly chromed.

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Grommet substitution thoughts?

This grommet isn't available anywhere I've looked. This one is pretty bad and the other one is gone. Any thoughts on substitutions? I could put a standard firewall style grommet and then silicone the wires into it.
Check if they're the same size as on the large headlights.

If so, they have the hood missing. They would be available from Cicognani (see here) and typically cost an arm and a leg (check with your favorite suppliers if they have them (e.g. here) and what they cost).

The 2nd picture shows a slightly different type of hood for 105 cars (see here and here) -- but he base may be the same.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes Don and Ruedi, I forgot the chrome tubes go with the bumper! They are on there, but I had extras and it threw me off when I ran across them, making me think it still need to be attached. This is the problem with buying a car in boxes. Sometimes I don't have anything and other times I've got enough of a part for two or three cars.

Don, you jogged my memory. Yes the slotted pins go to the convertible top latches. Great catch.

As to the long screws, I will look at the striker. I had them chromed for a reason.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Check if they're the same size as on the large headlights.

If so, they have the hood missing. They would be available from Cicognani (see here) and typically cost an arm and a leg (check with your favorite suppliers if they have them (e.g. here) and what they cost).
Good idea. I have a set of the Cicognani ones for the headlights, I will test them for size but I bet it's the same. However I will need to drill an extra hole as the turn/fog lamps get three wires. Thanks!

·
Push hard and live
11,680 Posts
I was able to do the bolt and nut with tank installed, but certainly easier without.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Grommet substitution solved.

Well Ruedi, since I had a set of the two wire Cicognani, I used a drill and a matte knife to make these work. I'm pleased with the results. thanks.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Tail Light Sockets - Are these available somewhere?

Good afternoon. After digging out the 6 tail light sockets, I find that 4 of the 6 tail light sockets have broken attachment tabs. I can't seem to find these for sale at the big 3. Any idea where I can get these? I need 2 of the single filaments and 2 of the double filaments.

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Tail Light Sockets - Are these available somewhere?

Good afternoon. After digging out the 6 tail light sockets, I find that 4 of the 6 tail light sockets have broken attachment tabs. I can't seem to find these for sale at the big 3. Any idea where I can get these? I need 2 of the single filaments and 2 of the double filaments.
I haven't seen them available anywhere. Matt Jones at Reoriginals sells single-contact (L0239X) and dual-contact (L0238X) repair sockets here. I found them to be too expensive and opted for inexpensive sockets from a generic auto parts store (which probably was about the same trouble to make them fit).

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
This is where the square wire piece belongs, on the trunk lock/license plate assembly. It has been awhile since I disassembled my car, so its actual function escapes me at the moment.
-Steve
Watercraft Automotive tire Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
This is where the square wire piece belongs, on the trunk lock/license plate assembly. It has been awhile since I disassembled my car, so its actual function escapes me at the moment.
-Steve
Ah, great find ! I don't recall seeing that wire in any documentation.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I believe your two long round headed mystery screws might be the push rods for the door handles. These are not normally chromed, but that doesn't really matter-it just makes them trickier to identify. Mine are M5x0.8 with end-end length of 54.3 mm, for comparison.

·
Push hard and live
11,680 Posts
I believe your two long round headed mystery screws might be the push rods for the door handles. These are not normally chromed, but that doesn't really matter-it just makes them trickier to identify. Mine are M5x0.8 with end-end length of 54.3 mm, for comparison.
View attachment 1673607
yep. That’s what I meant by adjusting screw on the door striker. You’ll note some wear on the headsof your screws indicating a contact point.

The square spring is often missing on the rear lamp assembly. I still have a nagging memory of there being a similar unit somewhere in the front turn/fog lamp assembly.

Monkey... Do you have yellow bulbs for your fog lamps? I may have an extra pair.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
-Steve
Thanks for this, I will confirm it is in place, as I have found two of these in my parts.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks Steve, I will measure these, but based on Don's observation I believe you and Don are right and we have solved this one. No idea why we chromed them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Anyone know how I can repair the spring tabs on my tail light sockets? Thanks!
I had the same issue with my rear light sockets (2600) but I believe they are the same. I found some generic light sockets that work well. I will look in my box of spares when I get home and let you know.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I had the same issue with my rear light sockets (2600) but I believe they are the same. I found some generic light sockets that work well. I will look in my box of spares when I get home and let you know.
That would be great, thanks!

·
Push hard and live
11,680 Posts
Automotive tire Eyewear Rim Bicycle part Automotive wheel system
Silver Automotive tire Auto part Household hardware Metal
Material property Plastic Personal protective equipment Plastic bag Auto part
Hand Automotive tire Finger Nail Gas
Light Gas Personal protective equipment Automotive design Auto part
Bicycle part Finger Auto part Thumb Personal protective equipment

I've got about four of the single-connector originals sockets, but only one original two-connector sockets. I also have a NAPA socket that should work, after you snip off three of the tangs. I bought a handful of modern sockets, but don't recall that I ended up using them. It would have been a decade or so ago. The original sockets are in quite good condition.

I also have a pair of original boots for these sockets. Well, Cicognani "original", plus one of the headlight boots like you cunningly modified. I've got a ton more Cico rubber stuff in another box, but didn't go looking over there as that's not what you were looking for.

I have two Marellie regulators, plus a Ducellier that I think will work. The photo above is the bottom of the less-crusty Marelli.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I've got about four of the single-connector originals sockets, but only one original two-connector sockets. I also have a NAPA socket that should work, after you snip off three of the tangs. I bought a handful of modern sockets, but don't recall that I ended up using them. It would have been a decade or so ago. The original sockets are in quite good condition.
Wow Don, that's great! I'd love to get two of the singles, and the original double that you have. I have a complete set of boots from Cicognani. In fact I've got two extra by accident. I will message you about this. Thanks!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts