Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Nice forums, been browsing for a while now and thought it was time that I joined in. Here is a photo of my beloved 155:

My other car, an '85 GTV6 is currently undergoing restoration which will probably take my several years. You can view my progress at my homepages: www.colinmacdougall.com

Colin.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Colin,

Very cool website. I liked the variety of stuff thats there. I even signed your guest book!

Welcome aboard the BB and Im glad you posted!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Welcome Colin, glad you joined.

That's a very nice website you got there. One thing I want to know and I bet all us in the U.S want to know. How is it owning a 155? We or I want to know how it drive's. Does it have great pick up? And tell us the goodies it has to offer.

By the way, much prop's on racing motorcycles. I love watching them race. There so **** fast and I think the professional driver's have death wishes.

p.s. keep us posted on restoration updates on the GTV6.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
The 155 is a lovely car to drive and own, its strongest point being the 16v Twin Spark motor which is much more responsive than the old 8v motor. I must admit though, I think I prefer the handling on the 75 though, front wheel drive definetly has its drawbacks. Everything else about the car is better though and I always come home with a very big grin on my face after every drive:D

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Hi Colin,

I have a 75 3.0 and also a 155 2.5 V6. I put in a Squadra Tuning chip in my 155 (also have some exhaust mods and K&N panel filter) and in 4th gear flat out it was as fast as the Merc CLK 320.

I think there is a dealer in UK, alfasalv or alfaowner.com. Or you can just get it directly from Stephan Lenoir in Netherlands, he has a 1987 164 Lusso with a 3.0 24V from a 164Q4 and a 6-speed gearbox from a 156 V6!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
75evo,
Yeah I know a few people who are running the squadra chip and have heard nothing but good reports. However, my wife uses the car to comute to work which makes up for most of the milege and she can't afford the extra cost of running the car on 98 RON fuel instead of 95 RON. Athough I also know of at least one person who has continued torun their car on 95 RON even after fitting a squadra chip and not had any adverse effects, my car has done rather a lot of miles (142000) so I wouldnt like to take any chances with it.

Colin

·
Registered
36 Posts
My mother used to have a 155 2.0 TS 16V Super (1996), the same as yours in red proteo (metallic) and with wood inside. Great car. ;)
Your GTV is very nice !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts