Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all

Lately I've been yearning for a classic Alfa. I saw one local to me that looks to be in excellent condition. It's a 67 GTV Stepnose. The owner said he wanted $65.5K(that sounds like a bit much...opinions?). Truth is I feel like I need to educate myself as much as I can before a purchase can be made. I've been dabbling in the Porsche classic cars(911's) for many years but the Alfa's were also one of my childhood wants. What kind of pluses and minuses should I be looking for or expect?

thanking you guys in advance

Rey

·
Administrator
18,169 Posts
Welcome! You have it backwards - most of us buy the car first & do the research afterwards...!

$65.5K does seem like a lot of money. I'd expect it to be perfect for that price. Browse the 'For Sale' section here and also eBay to see what the range of prices are. Keep I mind that often a cheap car costs more in the long run.

·
Super Moderator
12,252 Posts
What kind of pluses and minuses should I be looking for or expect?
Wow, it would take several books to address that topic. But fortunately, someone has already written them. Read Joe Benson's "Alfa Romeo Buyers Guide" and everything by Pat Braden. For extra credit, read Jim Kartalamakis' books on Alfa engines.

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,156 Posts
Welcome to the BB :) I hope you find your Alfa!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you gents for your input. I will look into buying the books. Took a test drive in the car today. Very old school but lots of fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts