Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the guy who bought that Duetto.

I bought those rims, you know, the magnesium from GT Wheels of England.
My rolling chassis has no wheels to roll on so I figured these would look nice, especially refinished and the little windows painted red.

Here is where the favor lays... Wheel guy doesn't take paypal. I would like to paypal you, and have you pick them up for me.

The wheels are with Fabio, phone: (905)252-6673 in the Newmarket area.

I'm headed up to buffalo where I'm buying a truck and trailer, just so I can head north to pick this bad boy up.

If you know of any crappy tire guys, you know, the tire shops with the 3 legged dog and stacks of bald tires, let me know so I can get these shod with enough rubber to get her on a trailer. Lug Nuts, just remembered those things come in handy. Let me know which ones to get.

No good deed goes unrewarded in my book. Got a favorite Oregon Pinot Noir?? Let me know. Tillamook Cheese?? Signed DVD of Season 1 of Portlandia? name your reward.

From there, the long trek back to Burlington WA where it will get true love.

Oh, get this. I'll be selling the silly plastic duetto top because while driving between Portland and Seattle the other day, there was this used crappy boat yard. Someone had a black Duetto top by Pininfarina on their 60's fiberglass boat. SWEEET!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the wheels are at Fabio's place

18 Walnut Ave.
Holland Landing

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news. Fabio agreed to take paypal and drop the wheels off at the Duetto storage site. Getting closer!!
Robert
PS, thanks to 1750 for loosening him up.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
robvolz,
Good luck with that Duetto. I almost bought it, but seller couldn't identify what was missing, which scared me off a bit and indicated that the floors were really soft. Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should be interesting. I ran a carfax on it. one owner car, never been in an accident (that was reported at least)

thanks for the kind words

·
Premium Member
4,994 Posts
Don't forget unless the wheel studs have been change you will need 8 left hand thread lug nuts. Its likely the front has been change since new front rotors come with wheel studs. be careful and have a safe trip. Jim

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, anyone north have 8 left handed lug nuts I could borrow??

Actually, all lug nuts.
Robert

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I could probably loan you mine....I'll check to see if I can locate the whole set. What about the rubber though....have you sorted that out?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
out of the blue Fabio offered to find me some old rubber. Seems now he has money in his account, he figured me for being alright.
If you could call him and see how he is coming on it, that way it isn't me sounding like a nag, that would be appreciated.
Robert

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If they are right ones, after all this hassle, I'll strip them and force reverse thread on them... Hows that.

No, really, I hadn't even thought of that. Why would they be?? And if so, obviously they are metric. Any word on the exact size so I can be prepared?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, good news. Darrin at Vintage Custom tossed some my way. Only fitting since he is going to do the restro.

Thank you all for all your help on this. I am proud to be a member of the Alfa community.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts