Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Some of you may already know me but for those of you that don't.. my name is Marisa.. aka Miss Alfa Sprint ;)

I am 22 and own an Alfasud Sprint and a 33 1.7 IE :D

I have been an AROCA member for nearly 2 years now, and i have been doing some photography for the club and also was the official photographer at Auto Italia 2011

looking foward to getting to know a few more Alfa aussies that i don't already know :cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
i have been doing some photography for the club and also was the official photographer at Auto Italia 2011
A pretty modest intro by Marisa. She doesn't tend to self promote so i will on her behalf . Have a look at some of her work on this web page

Marisa Gangemi | Home Page

Cheers

Gully

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Welcome to the BB Marisa. It is great to see another young female Alfa enthusiast. My daughter is nearly 22 and her daily drive is a 1981 GTV 2.0. She loves it and gets lots of comments from people about how cool it is. She is also a member of AROCA. The clubs need young people like you. Post some pics of your cars.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Hi Marisa, great to see another younger Aussie Alfista. Gotta keep the passion going for these great cars. I'd like to put myself in this younger group too, I'm only mid 30's! My little bro is early 20's and I think I've infected him with the Alfa virus. He recently bought a lovely 79 GTV. Should be registered in the next couple of days in Sydney. He plans on driving down to Melbourne in it in a few weeks. I hope he sees many classics driving around down there!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey, great shot of my car thanks :)

I think the alfabb members should coordinate better when auto italia comes round next year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A pretty modest intro by Marisa. She doesn't tend to self promote so i will on her behalf . Have a look at some of her work on this web page

Marisa Gangemi | Home Page

Cheers

Gully
Thanks Gully ;)

interesting fact though, i have had not one Alfa Romeo customer from that website yet :eek: so far only sold photos of Vespas, Ferraris and a Porsche :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the BB Marisa. It is great to see another young female Alfa enthusiast. My daughter is nearly 22 and her daily drive is a 1981 GTV 2.0. She loves it and gets lots of comments from people about how cool it is. She is also a member of AROCA. The clubs need young people like you. Post some pics of your cars.
Thanks for the welcome!
Yes you don't see many young ladies driving old alfas around :cool:
When i got my P's i was in year 12 and even some of the teachers would check out the Sprint! GTV's are awesome! I am guessing your daughter inherited the Alfa bug from you? My dad influenced me from a young age, the Sprint has been in our family for almost 14 years now, so i sort of grew up with that car.

:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Marisa, great to see another younger Aussie Alfista. Gotta keep the passion going for these great cars. I'd like to put myself in this younger group too, I'm only mid 30's! My little bro is early 20's and I think I've infected him with the Alfa virus. He recently bought a lovely 79 GTV. Should be registered in the next couple of days in Sydney. He plans on driving down to Melbourne in it in a few weeks. I hope he sees many classics driving around down there!
Hi there!

I tried to infect my younger sister with the Alfa virus but it hasn't worked :(
My older brother has a 33 too though, the 1984 single carb version. When i got my 33 1.7 IE he wanted to swap and see if i would notice!

There are quite a few classic Alfas in Melbourne :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, great shot of my car thanks :)

I think the alfabb members should coordinate better when auto italia comes round next year.

Glad you like the photo :D

Auto Italia will be better next year, i plan on having a proper stand and my own marquee this time round :) I didn't realise how big the event was until i got there that day! It's awesome!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!
Yes you don't see many young ladies driving old alfas around :cool:
When i got my P's i was in year 12 and even some of the teachers would check out the Sprint! GTV's are awesome! I am guessing your daughter inherited the Alfa bug from you? My dad influenced me from a young age, the Sprint has been in our family for almost 14 years now, so i sort of grew up with that car.

:D
Yes I guess she did inherit the Alfa bug from me. When she first got her Ps she bought a nice manual Volvo 440 which was easy to drive for a beginner, but after a bit more than a year she decided she wanted a GTV. We looked around for a while and ended up getting one from a guy in Melbourne. It is in excellent condition with custom leather and velour interior and a rebuilt engine with Pace cams and loud exhaust. It is pretty zippy. She talks to it in Italian in which she is fluent. My 18 year old son drives the red 75 3 litre V6, my wife drives the 164 and my daily driver is a 75 Potenziata. We are all members of AROCA. Some of the local kids call our house "The Alfa house".

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey Marisa. Good to see you here (too).

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I guess she did inherit the Alfa bug from me. When she first got her Ps she bought a nice manual Volvo 440 which was easy to drive for a beginner, but after a bit more than a year she decided she wanted a GTV. We looked around for a while and ended up getting one from a guy in Melbourne. It is in excellent condition with custom leather and velour interior and a rebuilt engine with Pace cams and loud exhaust. It is pretty zippy. She talks to it in Italian in which she is fluent. My 18 year old son drives the red 75 3 litre V6, my wife drives the 164 and my daily driver is a 75 Potenziata. We are all members of AROCA. Some of the local kids call our house "The Alfa house".

'The Alfa House' i like that! :cool: Thats great that your whole family are into Alfas. My mum and sister aren't really fans :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
hi!!

(how many alfa forums can we all join! although the alfabb will have more info for your 33 and your alfasud)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi!!

(how many alfa forums can we all join! although the alfabb will have more info for your 33 and your alfasud)

Hi Mig :D good to see you here... too :p

Hows it going?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hay! Lol so many from Ausalfa on here hahahaha :) love your sprint btw :D
Hey :) I love my Sprint too! I drove it today, and i know i probably shouldn't play favourites with my Alfas but there is something special about the sprint :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
My first car was supposed to be a sprint. I saw an ad and called the guy who was a small time dodgey dealer. He offered to pick me up and did so in a nice looking 82 sud. After ripping over the gladesville bridge at unholy speeds in the sud I wanted that little 4 door rocket. The rest is history.

//dean

1 - 20 of 28 Posts