Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am one of the new guys here from California. After spending the last 15 yrs or so lusting after Alfa's, especially the gt/gtv's I finally decided it was time to start the process of learning more about the cars and eventually purchase my first Alfa.

Currently I drive a Fiat Abarth, amazing car but I want something classic with the details seemingly only found in older cars. Looking forward to learning and helping others when I get up to speed!

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What part of Socal are you in?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I am in the heart of Los Angeles, right by The Grove just outside of Beverly Hills.

·
Super Moderator
9,944 Posts
Where were you a week ago? The Best of France and Italy show took place last Sunday, which would have been a great way to get plugged in. You might visit the Alfa Romeo Owners of Southern California website (arosc.org) to learn more about the local Alfa scene.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jay,

I was at the show, that fueled the fire! I joined the club and spoke to you earlier in the week over email.

Cheers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been hearing about Cars & Coffee for a while now, maybe it is time to see what it is all about.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I have been hearing about Cars & Coffee for a while now, maybe it is time to see what it is all about.
Now that's a fun way to spend an hour or so early Saturday. I need to come up, it's been awhile.

·
Super Moderator
9,944 Posts
Now that's a fun way to spend an hour or so early Saturday. I need to come up, it's been awhile.
Well, the sun rises early now that we're back on Standard Time. The mornings are still warm & dry - unlike in January. So now's the time to come!

Plus, C&C needs more Alfas to offset all those silly, modern Mustangs that keep showing up.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Well, the sun rises early now that we're back on Standard Time. The mornings are still warm & dry - unlike in January. So now's the time to come!

Plus, C&C needs more Alfas to offset all those silly, modern Mustangs that keep showing up.
That's what I think killed the C&C down here. Tons of new Dodge crap and Mustangs. 80% 2006 and up I'll bet. DJ's with hip hop playing. I went twice then no more.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wait, are you guys saying you do not like new Mustangs!? I think I am going to fit right in...I do not have an Alfa yet so not sure how the crowd will respond to a new Abarth or my wife's Smart car!

·
Super Moderator
9,944 Posts
...not sure how the crowd will respond to a new Abarth or my wife's Smart car!
Not positively. The slogan for C&C is "cars you won't see on other days of the week". So, I'm not discouraging you from coming - just saying that crowding out classic/unusual cars with 21st Century stuff is not in the spirit of C&C. There is a large parking area for non-display cars.

Thank heaven there are no hip-hop DJ's in Irvine. I definitely couldn't face that &^%$ at 6:30 in the morning!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts