Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought my first spider 1984.
I used to have a 147 before and a modern Spider (1996).
I would like to know if it is possible to find some documentation (user guide) on this model ?
Does any one know (I guess Yes) how to reset the trip meter ?

Many thanks,

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Welcome.
We'll be needing pictures at some point please.

AFA an owners manual, I dunno but there are snippets from them here and there in this subsection that show some basic items like the light switches, (that might be in the FAQ at the top of this subsection as its come up before), wipers, etc., and you'll find a great deal of information regarding the EFI and electronic ignition system in the car (presuming you're in the U.S.) by clicking the 'L-jet diagnostics' link in my signature block.

The tripometer reset will be a small knob on the end of a flexible metal/springlike sleeved cable hanging kinda under the dash to the right of the steering column. Twisting the knob rolls the numbers.

At some point you're likely to see the 'exh sensor' lamp on the console illuminate.
That's also a form of tripometer (30,000 miles, or a good pothole) and is reset by dealing with the box under the hood on the left inner fender near the clutch master cylinder. Specifics w/pix linked through the FAQ.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Many thanks for your answer.
Of course, I will post pictures, but I do not have any yet !
I am in France. The car is french (with carbs), but I imported back from the UK.
I ll try to find the reset under the dash !
I have so many questions, but I think Id rather read the manuals first!
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts