Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
12,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been looking for a decent Alfa forum for ages ... and it looks like I have found one :)

I own a 1971 1750 GTV that is going through a full bare shell restoration into Concours condition.

I started this restoration around 15 years ago, and have had a few interruptions inbetween :rolleyes: ... like getting married and having children ... and restoring an Alfa Sud and racing it and others.

Anyway, I have replaced the floor and sill (rocker panels to the Americans) chassis rails and also the sills them selves ... including the necessary bottom of the A and B posts.

I have also repaired the boot floor and spare wheel well, and also replaced the rear panel.

As you can tell this was a flairly rusty little Alfa when I bought it. It is now structurally sound again and just needs a little bit more body work and on goes the paint (yellow as original).

I expect to have this car painted in the next couple of years ...

I look forward to chatting with you guys and girls.
Pete

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Welcome to AlfaBB Pete! It's good to have visitors from Down Under. Eventhough she's not done yet, you should post pictures of her in the gallery.

·
Administrator
12,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More pictures

Some photos of the work done has been added to the gallery. Just follow the link in the previous post.

Pete

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wow! That's impressive! I have always admired folks who take on the challenge to restore a rusty Alfa... I've always been too chicken-hearted to attempt it-took much work for the financial return, I guess, but that's NOT the point. When you bring a car back from the brink like that, you should ge some kind of special recognition. It's great that you have the "before" photos for comparison- now we just need to watch for continuing installments as the work progresses.
How do you manage to stay intersted and focused on a project of that scope? I guess maybe I have the wrong personality type to do a project like yours. You are a stud, my friend!
ANOTHER ALFA IS SAVED FROM THE BREAKERS!

·
Administrator
12,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments, here and in the Gallery.

Don't worry if this forum keeps going (I hope) I will keep you all informed of the progress.

Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts