Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Recently I mounted a Hellebore steering wheel (manufacture date 10/68) on my 69 GTV. There is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch gap between the wheel and the shroud.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know the remedy to get rid of that space?

The original deep dish, thin plastic wheel fit perfectly with no gap, so I believe the steering shaft is correct for the car.

I’ve seen these steering wheels in pictures, so I‘m assuming people have used this steering wheel in their GTV’s. I’ve actually seen this wheel described as a 1750 GTV Hellebore steering wheel.

My friend mounted the same Hellebore steering wheel in his 71 GTV (made to look like a 69 Euro) and he also has the gap.

I found this at Classic Alfa and was wondering if this is longer than the one I have on the car. I’m also wondering if this shroud will work on my 69 Berlina too, as I have a gap on that car with a Hellebore steering wheel too.

Any ideas on what I have to do to make it fit better are much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
254 Posts
I tightened up the gap on a car that I had by making a spacer with ABS plastic. I cut the circle with a hole saw and sanded the edge with very fine sandpaper. Then I glued it to the shroud. It was never noticed and that was a car that was in several shows.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Recently I mounted a Hellebore steering wheel (manufacture date 10/68) on my 69 GTV. There is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch gap between the wheel and the shroud.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know the remedy to get rid of that space?

The original deep dish, thin plastic wheel fit perfectly with no gap, so I believe the steering shaft is correct for the car.

I’ve seen these steering wheels in pictures, so I‘m assuming people have used this steering wheel in their GTV’s. I’ve actually seen this wheel described as a 1750 GTV Hellebore steering wheel.

My friend mounted the same Hellebore steering wheel in his 71 GTV (made to look like a 69 Euro) and he also has the gap.

I found this at Classic Alfa and was wondering if this is longer than the one I have on the car. I’m also wondering if this shroud will work on my 69 Berlina too, as I have a gap on that car with a Hellebore steering wheel too.

Any ideas on what I have to do to make it fit better are much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
Can you share pictures of the fitment?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I thought of making something too, just didn’t think I had to. I’ve seen so many pictures of GTV and Berlina interiors with this wheel.
I’ll post pictures of the space on my Berlina.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts