Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The wheels in Supers and Berlinas dont Hellebore inscriptions, and the rims are made from bakelite, not wood. I think they may have been made at Alfa..?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Your rim is wooden?!? Every Super steering wheel i've ever had has been faux wood, made from bakelite plastic...

Maybe the Berlinas got wooden ones? It certainly has the nicest of the centre caps!

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Here are some pics of a Hellabore that was on a Silver 1971 FI GTV (USA Spec) of which I was the second owner. I have only seen one other horn button such as this. Most are all wood or plastic.

I also include pic of 3 digits (119) punched on the back of one spoke. My other Hellebore has a similar number punched (108). I'll check my others as convienient. Is this a model no or serial no or ??
In the intervening 16 years I have come to understand that those 3 digits are a date stamp. 11 9 is November 1969 and 10 8 is October 1968. I also find the deep dished, wood rimmed Personal wheel date stamped.

Regards

Ken

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
316 Posts
Again Ken, a valuable composition of the wheels fitted to S1 and S1 and others cars and some of the variations noted in the transition between S1 and S2. Mine has a 108 stamping.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts