for this

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Tom I have a Helebore like that and could use a hub, 6 hole retainer and, horn button etc
too. So if you find a source keep me posted or if you decide to machine lets make 2. In the mean time we could compare dimensions.

Ciao

Ken

Reactions: Tom Frasca

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do!!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I have bought a hubkit w/ horn button from Alfaholics that includes the sheet metal shroud. It was for a 7-bolt wheel. It needed redrilling for 6-bolt wheel.

Also remember that there used to be different height hubs in the day to change steering wheel position. A friend used to makes his own hubs on a lathe imitating the sheet metal shroud out of solid aluminum on the lengthened hubs.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do the wheel is out for a cleaning....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So does the horn button etc fit??

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The button fit, but tightly ... so it would stick a little bit occasionally. A little bit of sandpaper and metal polish dealt with that, I didn't install the shroud ...

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
I have bought a hubkit w/ horn button from Alfaholics that includes the sheet metal shroud. It was for a 7-bolt wheel. It needed redrilling for 6-bolt wheel.

Also remember that there used to be different height hubs in the day to change steering wheel position. A friend used to makes his own hubs on a lathe imitating the sheet metal shroud out of solid aluminum on the lengthened hubs.
So you were able to redrill for 6 bolts without interfering with the seven bolt pattern?

Could not find hub kit on Alfaholics or Classic Alfa. OKP has 2 types available.

Ken

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
IIRC I originally was going to weld and redrill the holes but then had a machinist add a piece by welding to lengthen the hub and then re-indexing & drilling.

The hub kit was never on Alfaholics site but I talked to Max at the time and he sold it to me.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Hi Tom. Anything new on a hub.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
The button fit, but tightly ... so it would stick a little bit occasionally. A little bit of sandpaper and metal polish dealt with that, I didn't install the shroud ...

View attachment 1650674
Alle, What diameter is your wheel. Mine is 185 mm and has 4 holes per spoke. Date stamped 2 9 and Hellebore. Rim wood is 22/26 mm. Still has original, now flawed finish I believe and some cracking.

Ciao

Ken

Attachments

Reactions: Tom Frasca

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Ken, the 3 hole per spoke wheel in the picture is date stamped 9 8, marked Hellebore, wheel outer diameter 360mm, rim diameter (across wheel surface) 23mm.

Another 4 hole wheel like yours that I have is date stamped 11 69, marked Hellebore, outer diameter 385mm, rim diameter 22mm.

I have two more 3 hole small diameter wheels I currently don't have access to ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts