Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of an oversize exhaust guide for my 91 164S. Seems like I am pretty much SOL on this front. If any one has come across one or has a source I need it bad!!

Thanks, Paul

Oh...20 thousands over.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
I thought valve guides were installed and reamed to size after measuring the valve stem. Are you talking about exhaust stem valve guide?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guide I'm looking for is oversized where they fit into the head. The hole in the head is "wallered" out. I'm not really in to buying a new/used head for such a small/huge issue.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bring in the dogs fellas!! I have a guy here in town who is a god like machinist. He is going to make be a new guide from some "valve guide stock" he had laying around:confused:.
I dropped the head off this am at lunch and he reached up and grabbed a box that had written on it Alfa/Porsche 944 on it and pulled out an unmachined guide and said "if I don't have it done on sat I'll have it ready monday"

Whew:)

Paul

·
Registered
738 Posts
told ya. If you have seen the film the worlds fastest indian you know there are many like it. Im not a million miles from that, and there are thousands of us around the world.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts