Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, decided to dive into the blower motor replacement today and also replace the heater door with the broken adjustment arm. Everything was going well untill I relized the PO had been in here before and f***** everything up. Many clips, bolts retaining brackets, etc were missing. I think I can work around most of this but most puzzling, is the guy tossed out both of the heater air flow direction doors!!!???? That certainly explains why can't get any heat out of the thing.

I bought a new door from Jason, the one hooks up to the stepper motor, but the other door including the arm that hooks the two together are gone.

So, I now I need the door that is not directly attached to the stepper motor and the arm that hooks them together. Does anyone have these that they would be willing to part with?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
27,161 Posts
OK, decided to dive into the blower motor replacement today and also replace the heater door with the broken adjustment arm. Everything was going well untill I relized the PO had been in here before and f***** everything up. Many clips, bolts retaining brackets, etc were missing. I think I can work around most of this but most puzzling, is the guy tossed out both of the heater air flow direction doors!!!???? That certainly explains why can't get any heat out of the thing.

I bought a new door from Jason, the one hooks up to the stepper motor, but the other door including the arm that hooks the two together are gone.

So, I now I need the door that is not directly attached to the stepper motor and the arm that hooks them together. Does anyone have these that they would be willing to part with?

Thanks
Not sure missing door(s) would prevent you from getting heat. I would think the exact opposite would be true - too much heat if heater core hoses hooked up and core not clogged up as these doors block off heater core heat when closed.

As for parts you think you need since you say you got item 9 - 60801495 door from Jason. You say you need connecting lever 60801494 and item 8 - 60801505 other door.

Be advised for LHD models item 17 is in nearly correct position but items 8 and 9 flipped as lever for temp stepper cable on right side as are hinge point to link/hook two doors together. Both item 8 and 9 really in blower motor housing (item 2 and 10) not as shown in picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the parts help, Steve. Also want to add that your pictures on the heater and blower area was a great help. As to the heat comment. I do get heat out of the system, but it always seemed to be rather weak so I thought that the absence of the deflector doors when I discovered them was the problem. Maybe that is all the better the thign works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts