Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week while it was real cold my heater fan started making a lot of noise and I could feel the vibration too. I guess it got bad enough that it heated up the resistor and it blew. After looking around quite a bit, I figured out how to fix the thing. What blows is a thermal fuse. I found what I believe to be a direct replacement from Radio Shack. The part number is 270-1322 128 degrees C (262.4degrees F). I had some copper rivets left over from fixing GTV6 taillight boards. I drilled out the old rivets and after bending the ends of the fuse into loops, riveted it back to the board. Tests fine according to SamW's working resistor. Of course I also need to replace the fan too!

Just thought I'd share in case anyone was in the same predicament.

Don

Attachments

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Heater Resistor Wires

Great post guys. I also need to replace my thermal fuse, but I also forgot the order of the wires. Is it red-yellow-gray when looking up under the dash? or some other order?
Dave A.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
How has this fuse held up over time? Just wondering if it was a good replacement or if you had to go in again and find something else?

Thanks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The resistor fuse has held up well. No issues since I installed it over 10 years ago. But I also keep it free of debris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts