Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week while it was real cold my heater fan started making a lot of noise and I could feel the vibration too. I guess it got bad enough that it heated up the resistor and it blew. After looking around quite a bit, I figured out how to fix the thing. What blows is a thermal fuse. I found what I believe to be a direct replacement from Radio Shack. The part number is 270-1322 128 degrees C (262.4degrees F). I had some copper rivets left over from fixing GTV6 taillight boards. I drilled out the old rivets and after bending the ends of the fuse into loops, riveted it back to the board. Tests fine according to SamW's working resistor. Of course I also need to replace the fan too!

Just thought I'd share in case anyone was in the same predicament.

Don

Attachments

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Don,

Thanks for the great tip. Couldn't get anything but high out of my fan. Checked the continutity of the resistor pack and it was obvious the thermal fuse was blown. Changed it out and now I have all three speeds again. This is what the AlfaBB is all about!!!!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
How has this fuse held up over time? Just wondering if it was a good replacement or if you had to go in again and find something else?

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.