Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I can't find a source for part 102.04.58.102, the heating duct that runs from the heater core to the air distributor on the fire wall. AFRA lists one but on receipt it turned out to be just a big expandable silver vent hose like from home depot. While this would function, it is hardly something you would want to see under your hood.

Does anyone know where I can get a good reproduction hose?

Thanks,
Andy

·
Push hard and live
9,614 Posts
The original is a black corrugated paper tube. If you spray the aluminum flat black you'd be close.

I found a corrugated rubber duct tube at McMaster-Carr that looks and works fine. I don't recall the size or part number, but if you measure the diameter and use that as a selection criteria, you'll find it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Don, we were posting at the same time! Thanks, I like yours better than the aluminum one, because it's too fragile and would dent and tear under use.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I can't find a source for part 102.04.58.102, the heating duct that runs from the heater core to the air distributor on the fire wall. Does anyone know where I can get a good reproduction hose?
Andy, I believe that you can buy the original type air duct from OKP:
OKP Parts and Engineering GmbH

You'll probably want to measure the diameter of the fittings the hose goes over and length and ask Christian at OKP for price and availability.

Although I can't speak for this supplier and have read disparaging comments about them, the hose you want looks like the one shown on the right as "air duct black paper" in this link:
Newco Products - Air Ducting
Mark

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I also bought the Afra heater duct pipe. I figured that for less than 15 Euros it was worth a try, as I was already ordering several other items from them. What a misrepresentation! Their photo shows a black pipe, but I also received a white metallic one which I can't even use on my clothes drier. Oh well.

Neither OKP or Newco, based on their Web sites, seem to have the correct size that is needed: 115 mm. Newco shows up to 100 mm and OKP 1120 mm (unless I missed something).

So at this point, I think Don still has the best solution. But keep up the search. It has to be out there somewhere.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
There is a manufacturer of corrugated wired paper hose in Italy, but the link has evaporated from my favourites list in Google Chrome (mystified!!) and I can't seem to find it again through other routes. However, do a Google search for 'tubo truma' or 'tubo aria cartone' and you will find a number of options.

If anyone knows of the manufacturer (they make a few other generic parts for older cars, IIRC), please let me know.

Alex.

·
Push hard and live
9,614 Posts
FWIW, the black rubber duct fits perfectly, is strong as heck, and looks like it belongs there. The corregated paper tubes are ok under the dash where they'll never take hard contact, grease, or oil. In the engine bay, all of those are possible

I'd like to find a more original clamp for the pipe, though.

When I was doing my car all the regular shops denied having the right size. I avoid AFRA unless they are the only choice, and if Newco is the only source, I'll do without.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Neither OKP or Newco, based on their Web sites, seem to have the correct size that is needed: 115 mm. Newco shows up to 100 mm and OKP 1120 mm (unless I missed something).
It might be worth it for you to contact Christian directly at OKP:
ondrak (AT) okparts (DOT) net
He was selling Touring Two-Liter parts on eBay at one time, 10 or 15 years ago when I contacted him and asked about the heater duct (possibly 110 mm but my calipers don't open that wide). He was able to supply the correct material. Prior to that the car had some awful 'vinyl covered spring wire' from who knows where. The tubing still looks like new today...:smile2:

air duct.jpg

The Newco reference was just to show the correct look; not recommending size or vendor, although they do have the 'sardine can' clamps listed but I know Don will not go there.

Mark

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, thanks to all of you. I have contacted OKP again (last time they said they didn't have it, but that wasn't Christian directly) and hope for a different answer. Also, Don's option at mcmaster is a great fallback.

I will post what I find out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Christian got back to me, the largest size of tube they carry is 80mm. I guess they can't get it anymore... :crying2:

I ordered the mcmaster tube that Don recommended (thanks). I'm sure it will be great. But if I ever find the paper tube, I may upgrade.

·
Push hard and live
9,614 Posts
If you ever find the paper tube, buy enough for all of us and let us know. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
After seeing the original post, and considering myself fair-to-decent at hunting stuff down on the internet, I spent some time investigating a source.

I've found two companies that purport to make the stuff in up to 130mm. The first was Novelis, the second was Emir Flex, out of Turkey. I got a hold of a gentleman at Novelis' Atlanta office who told me I was too far up in the foodchain as they were just a supplier for the materials to other manufacturers and distributors. Zapher at Novelis told me to contact KenMack or Samuel & Sons. Both company websites were dead ends, so when I get some free time I'll call Novelis again and press the issue. I sent an email to Emir Flex, both in English and Turkish (using Google translate), but have not heard back.

I'll probably have better luck with a Chinese company...but according to a variety of them on Alibaba, minimum orders will be around 500 meters, at .25 cents per.

The hunt continues.

Trent

·
Registered
463 Posts
I did some digging too a few weeks ago. I found Westaflex and flexiducting. Flexiducting has 102, 127 and 152mm standard large sizes. Westaflex says they can go to 450mm.

Doug

1 - 16 of 16 Posts