Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some work was done by a 3rd party, which included messing around with the ventilation system, my heater control lever will only travel approximatley 2/3 of the way downwards, towards the cool end. The travel upwards, towards the hot end, seems fine.

I'd appreciate any and all thoughts.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ken,
Take the kick panel off of the drivers side and you will see a cable going from the lever to the heat control valve. (The thing with a hose connected to it coming from the engine compartment.) It might be hung up somewhere or need some adjustment.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Might be the solid rod that goes from the pivot where that cable terminates to the actual valve that opens and closes the flow to the heater core. (it's length, and therefor range of travel, is controlled by a set screw at the valve end)

It will also be visible when you pull that kick panel, but you'll have to get your head up under the dash to actually work on it.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
After some work was done by a 3rd party, which included messing around with the ventilation system, my heater control lever will only travel approximatley 2/3 of the way downwards,...
This is not unusual at all. It is very tight in there, and it's easy for wires, etc. to end up in the way. You just have to open up the center console, find the cause of the obstruction (it won't be hard at all to detect), and re-fit things so they don't interfere with each other.

Best regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts