Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I searched on the forums and i find several threads on it, but nothing of that answer my question. I remove the heater box from my '72 GT 1300 Junior for restoring it. I buy the upper gasket from a german parts seller but to me it seems to be a little bit longer/larger. The same gasket is sold from other seller both for the first heater box type and both for the second box type. Anyone has expirienced the same thing? Thanks

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
CA‘s RB117 was also an exact replacement for the heater’s main seal on my ‘67 GTV - couldn’t have worked any better!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Classic alfa reckon this one is good for anything from 1968 onward RB117 RUBBER SEAL FOR HEATER BOX GIULIA GT SPIDER - Classic Alfa
Thanks for reply. I buy the same item from another seller. But it seems a bit larger and it doesn't stay in the gasket housing. I saw that every online Alfa parts seller has only this type of gasket. Someone like Classic Alfa say that is good for heater from 1968, other say it is good for the 1st and 2nd heater box series. I have the 2nd so after 1968 but it doesn't fit well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
CA‘s RB117 was also an exact replacement for the heater’s main seal on my ‘67 GTV - couldn’t have worked any better!
Thanks for reply. I try it the same item from another seller but the gasket doesn't fit well;) Do you have the first heater box series right?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
While nothing is ever 100% certain, I have an early heater box in my '67 GTV. I've attached before / after pictures that show the fitment of the rubber seal. I compared both seals (one on top of the other) and they were exactly the same size. To attach the new seal, I utilized one of the 3M spray on adhesive products - seemed to work very well.

Heater Box - Original Seal.jpeg Heater Box - New CA Seal.jpeg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While nothing is ever 100% certain, I have an early heater box in my '67 GTV. I've attached before / after pictures that show the fitment of the rubber seal. I compared both seals (one on top of the other) and they were exactly the same size. To attach the new seal, I utilized one of the 3M spray on adhesive products - seemed to work very well.
View attachment 1665647

View attachment 1665648 View attachment 1665647 View attachment 1665648
Thanks for reply. I bought your own gasket but i have a later style heater box. Stupidly i didn't take a photo of the gasket on my heater. I'll take it soon as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts