Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1300 GT Junior 1972.The fan has broken down. I succeeded to pull the heater unit out by unscrewing the lower part. (some bolts were already loose).
On my 1300 the metal plate on the top (which secures the heater to the body)is extended towards You in order to support the controls for temperature and airflow.

My Alfa mechanics with 50 years experience had not seen that type of heater unit before.

But it exists on some models.

Anyhow the heater unit with this big plate is impossible to get back on its place, The upper part collides with the the column for the steering wheel and the transmission tunnel.
I have been trying to remove the dashboard (two bolts at far left and right and two bolts through the defroster holes but it seems to be stuck..

I also tried to put it back in with the lower part removed but there is not enough space down to the transmission tunnel to get the lower part back

Can anyone help before I end up in an asylum?

·
Registered
228 Posts
juniors after 130.000 LHD or 129.001 serial numbers had that special top frame as yours. I guess the only and proper way is to take of or just loose the dash upwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try to do that but the dashboard seems to get stucked

The brake pedal is also obstructing and the steering column.. I have begun to understand the old saying about car mnufacturing-..

You start with the heater unit end then builds a car around it...

Its a pity tyhat there is no workshop manual for this version of the Junior

With greetings from Sweden..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts