Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa romeo 164 QV 1996 | Trade Me

Just finished on trademe, two bidders going at it hammer and tongs pushed the final bid up to $7800, pretty solid price for a 220k example?

Love one of the comments/questions posted by someone before the bidding started "Nice car. It worth good money but it won't get it...believe me, I know. I on my 3rd 164. great cars....but u lucky to have interest above $3k. Will watch with interest.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was tempted to bid myself, being a former QV owner. I have owned five 164s of various types and they were all great cars, but the QV was tops. Now running a 159 2.4 jtdm. Also great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey chaps

After stumbling across this on Google just now I figured I'd sign up.
I purchased the car you speak of. Yes, $7800 was a bit more than I wanted to spend.
However, unlike the guy bidding against me I had several lengthy conversations with the owner. Thus, unlike him I knew all the stuff that wasn't listed in the auction,
when cambelt was done it was actually a full rebuild including liners and everything. Clutch recently done etc etc. And obviously it has the p plate. So in the end I didn't want to let it go.
Im on my second Sud and recently took a 2.5 156 for a test drive, totally wet my pants and at that point vowed I'd own a V6. My father who's had every car under the sun told me to look for this 164 and it's been 8 months of searching but it popped up.
I simply had to have it :tt1:. I'm sure you understand. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and when I have the car I will do an introduction, assuming there is an introductios page that is. I haven't scoured the site yet. Regards Ben.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Ben

Glad it went to an enthusiast. Agree re. the difference in bidding, with everyone of your 250/500 bids, the other bidder would come back with $50 more...must have been frustrating....

Also agree re. 24v V6s, a bit of a revelation on my part when after only owning 12v V6s I bought a 24valver - great engine and a real rev chaser in at least 2.5V6 spec.

Still like the auto 164 I have but it is great deal more sedate than the 156 when you get the 156 over 4000rpm.

Hope the QV works out for you :)

Aaron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts