Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep trying restore/repair my Alfetta GT.

I just had my rear trunk/boot redone this week along with the front kick panels.

Looking to replace my stained headliner, I have tried to clean, it has impoved for sure with Forex, but I want to change the color from white to black.

Looking for help on getting Alfa headliner material and advice on replacing.

Tips?

Thanks,

ncng

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Alfetta GT headliner

I don't know if you can still get the material perforated as original. It has been so long since I have seen the inside of my 76 Alfetta GT I can't say for certain but it is a sort of traditional stitched and stretched headliner with the edges held in place by the edge trim.

Anyway, if it is in good shape you should be able to remove it and have it duplicated at any upholstery shop.

But, if you want to go from white to black and your headliner is in good shape could you just mask off everything and spray dye it?

Good Luck,

Wayne

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wayne,

There is a company gahh.com that has it in white and black, I went black to match my seats. Also cures the water stain issues in the future.

Thanks,

ncng

I don't know if you can still get the material perforated as original. It has been so long since I have seen the inside of my 76 Alfetta GT I can't say for certain but it is a sort of traditional stitched and stretched headliner with the edges held in place by the edge trim.

Anyway, if it is in good shape you should be able to remove it and have it duplicated at any upholstery shop.

But, if you want to go from white to black and your headliner is in good shape could you just mask off everything and spray dye it?

Good Luck,

Wayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts