Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to recover the headliner in the Red Car. I have the spare headliner from the parts car out and ready to go to the upholsterer's shop, but I have a question:

According to my mechanic, the domestic fabric used to recover headliners is thicker than at least the stuff used by BMW and causes the sunroof to bind in BMWs.

Does anyone know if this is an issue in our cars? And if so, is there a source for material that does't cause this problem.

Thanks,
Rex

PS: Blue Car now running on all 6 cylinders! and has a new exhaust center section, so it is much quieter. Old center section developed a hole at the rear side of the little triangular muffler.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Hi, I dont know about the sunroof but do know the material used on my recent recover interferes ever so slightly with the fitment of the switch panel into the overhead console. Not earth-shattering but enough to annoy me. ciao, chris

·
Premium Member
26,991 Posts
You either have to reuse sunroof inner panel covering as is or remove foam backing from new piece you glue to sun roof inner panel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts