Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
ran a search and checked out the usual dealers online but can't find a source for headlights for my Giulia 1300 Super (2 Headlight system). Could anyone help me out on that one? They have to be DOT approved tho... to get thru the BC provincial inspection for imported vehicles. A tip as to which standard 7" sealed beam lights can be made to fit would be greatly appreciated too!
Thanks in advance!
Bob

·
Registered
242 Posts
Alfaholics and classicalfa in UK,offers Cibie headlights.You need also the adaptor ring to put it on.You can also search on italian e-bay,but it wont be cheap.Hurtienne in Germany,offers replicas for 100 euros the pair,but I dont know if is ok with DOT.
All the best.
Bill

·
Premium Member
22,149 Posts
I don't offhand know if the receptacles to accept the light unit in a non-US car are the same as for North American cars. If so, any good sealed beam halogen or traditional H4 would be good. Carello of course looks nice on Italian cars. I have Lucas on my GTV and Marchal flat-lens H4s on my Super, and like them both.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Centerline in Boulder, CO, has the Hella H4's which definitely fit US market plugs. Daniel Stern Lighting has Cibie H4 headlights (7" dia, as are the Hellas) but they are a little more expensive.
Jim

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!!

Thanks for all the replies guys... I already have two sets of Carellos in perfect working condition, they just don't have a DOT marking...
I had a look today and the Hellas don"t either, by the way, so it looks like i'll put in the cheapest sylvania sealed beams i can get my hands on with an adapter ring for the inspection and then return the proper Carellos once passed. It seems that i am just getting the run around here. There has been a large run of japanese RHD 4x4's and SUV's being imported into BC that the DOT is obviously trying to stop, or at least slow down, thus all vehicles imported are being looked at very closely.
I see it as a game that i will win!! Thanks for the replies!!
Bob

·
Registered
268 Posts
www.arparts.nl ......

cheapo!!!
website also available in english...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts