Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a warning light( on the left gauge) that is orange that goes on when I turn on my side lights and stays on when the headlights are on. The instruction book notes this as "side-light tell-tail" But it stays on when driving with low or high beams. It is someone annoying. Yet I see no tell-tale for high beam lights. It seems logical to have a high beam indicator at this position. Has anyone rewired this light to go on only on high beam, and if so how. I would imagine the circuit should go through the foot switch that turns on the high beam. Any comments?

·
Super Moderator
11,774 Posts
My long gone '60 Spider Veloce, had this light on only when the high beams were on. I've seen these in different colors, red, green and blue. Not sure which color is correct, mine was red only with high beams on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my 1960 Spider the light in the gauge is green and stays on with side, dip and main beam. There is a light (mine is red) just to the right of the ignition key which comes on with main beam only. Hope this helps

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
The light next to the ignition switch is HIGH beams (Dazzling Lights) only.. The light on the tri-gauge at 8 o'clock is parking lights (and headlights) and will remind you to shut them off even with the ignition key OFF and the key in your pocket or purse.. Alfa got it right. Refer to you wiring diagram for proper wire routing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The light next to the ignition switch is HIGH beams (Dazzling Lights) only.. The light on the tri-gauge at 8 o'clock is parking lights (and headlights) and will remind you to shut them off even with the ignition key OFF and the key in your pocket or purse.. Alfa got it right. Refer to you wiring diagram for proper wire routing.
thank you. Now all sorted out. My first 1960 Giulietta spider, I had,50 years ago. I'm afraid that I forgot what you pointed out over the 50 years between cars. But the feel of the car in driving has not been lost. It was wonderful when in my 20's and still great 50 years later thanks to all who responded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts