Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my motor installation is on hold pending head stud repair, I am looking to put together various chassis items. The headlights are sort of stumping me. It’s been over a year since I took them off and now have forgotten how they go together

1) where does the ground wire go? There doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the buckets that would be a good ground.

2) How on earth do you get the spring back on? Any technique tips?

·
Super Moderator
10,591 Posts
1) where does the ground wire go? There doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the buckets that would be a good ground.
You're absolutely right, but that didn't stop Alfa. They just attached the ground to one of the sheet metal screws that secured the buckets to those clips. And yes, it was a terrible ground, especially after corrosion set in.

My advise is to extend the ground wires and attach them to the horn mounting studs, or some other more substantial point.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Since my motor installation is on hold pending head stud repair, I am looking to put together various chassis items. The headlights are sort of stumping me. It’s been over a year since I took them off and now have forgotten how they go together

View attachment 1625948

I would highly suggest following Jay's advice. It's an easy improvement to extend the ground and pass it through the grommet.
You're absolutely right, but that didn't stop Alfa. They just attached the ground to one of the sheet metal screws that secured the buckets to those clips. And yes, it was a terrible ground, especially after corrosion set in.

My advise is to extend the ground wires and attach them to the horn mounting studs, or some other more substantial point.

View attachment 1625948
Yes, definitely follow Jay's advice. Since the buckets are out it's a five minute job to extend the ground and pass it through the grommet with the others.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I managed to get them back together. Holy cow, those springs are a nightmare. I ran out of curse words getting them back in. If there's a magic tool (I used an extra long pair of needle nose pliers) that makes the job easier, I'd love to hear it.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I managed to get them back together. Holy cow, those springs are a nightmare. I ran out of curse words getting them back in. If there's a magic tool (I used an extra long pair of needle nose pliers) that makes the job easier, I'd love to hear it.
Did you remember to use the curse words in Italian, that generally helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts