Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can you advise where to purchase the 2 x jet washers that are located in the front bumper? 3 jet washers per side as you know i am sure
Thanks Dimitris

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
229 Posts
Do you guys think it's possible to install them on a bumper that is originally without the provision for this washer units?
I actually like the added look of a bumper with them on it.
I don't mind if it works or not, but if it could be placed after small changes to the bumper then I'm fine.
Advice?
And I'd like a pair too.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
I think they're ugly and most of the time they don't work. It's not worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Most used original ones are going to be broken by now. They split at the ends where the spray jets are pressed in. They will not rise up out of the bumper without sufficient fluid pressure and the split and broken jets make these basically inoperable. Mine have not been hooked up to the pump or tank in years. Much too expensive to buy new squirters and almost impossible to find. Not that useful anyway either. I would just forget them unless you just must.
Charles

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Dimitrie I have a few in stock and Zaid yes you can install them on any bumper, the main thing is that you have to cut two rectangle holes in the top of the bumper bar where they sit, other than that attach the stalk to the bumper bar on the inside and run the line to the reservoir, I think all 164s are wired for them, whether they received them or not, the power wire for the headlight washer pump will be with the regular washer pump wire under the right side front guard somewhere, just look for it, if your 164 did not come with headlight washers originally, you will probably also have the lower capacity washer reserviour, I have the larger capacity ones in stock too plus the 164 Super recessed headlight washer sprays if you prefer them

Most owners on here are quite negative towards them for some reason but I think they look great, give the 164 a more purposeful stance, a nice 164 factory touch plus if you need your headlights cleaned, hell that's what they do

Comments on here say they break, split and are not worth it, easy system to work on, and if they break, just like every other car part, you replace with a good one

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Last I checked, IF you could find them they are like $150+ each side. So that is the reason. Well, that and my car HAS washers, so it still has the look, but it hardly even snows here or gets nasty weather-wise, and my headlights do get washed the old fashioned way, sooo. IDK?
Charles

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
What is IDK?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts