Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Alfa Spider 1750 veloce.
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi alfisti, I am in the process of mounting my headlight from inside the fender
for the carello covers, and realized that 2 of the adjustment screws (used for aiming the lamps)for the headlights do not work. Does anyone know where to pick up a suitable replacement? Does anyone have a couple that they could spare?

Thanks,as always!

·
Registered
1969 Alfa Spider 1750 veloce.
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to your local auto body shop...similar screws are available...you may have to tap the holes if different thread.
Elio
grazie, sig.Comello..

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
I found them as well locally. Also here's a good 1, while your at it change those nasty bulb ring holding screws. You won't believe this, but Home Depot has them, and they are an exact copy of the screw .49 for a bag of 3!! I was shocked to find those there. I tapped mine as well, but they work great. But now how do I adjust them? Is there a technique out there?

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
I've looked all over for these, and have found similar but nothing identical. The thread size/pitch is less of an issue, the important thing is finding the correct depth/width of the machined groove just under the head to accept the 3 slotted 'brackets' fixed to the edge of the reflector bowl. I did hear a rumour that the UK-produced Ford Fiesta Mk 2 had something identical, but after some research I discovered that not to be the case. So where can they be found? I've exhausted all leads here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts