Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Looking for info on shipping a car back from Europe. Thinking about finding a Simca Bertone 1200 coupe and then maybe something like a late 80's BMW station wagon. Any info on the process would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Al Taylor
Scuderia Gonzo ALonzo

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Where in Europe? I've done it four times out of Holland

·
Administrator
13,220 Posts
Gee you will have to have lots of $'s to get one of those Simca coupes. Best of luck.

Pete

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Especially now that the $ is in such terrible shape. Thank you criminal banking cartel

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be over for a while so will hit about everywhere...I have heard that shipping from Holland was easiest. I may be taking the Queen Mary back so need to check if they have any roll-on....

Al

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Holland is easy as they speak English very well. I'm shipping another Alfa home this summer. Let me know if you need help.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,039 Posts
Have shipped 1 home here, 1 on a boat now, and one pending. Wallenius RoRo's out of a WE port are the way to go. Zeebrugge is nice. They have many RoRo ports here. About $2200 depending on ports and Euro. Nothing allowed inside. Ping for local help. B

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I have never paid more then 850 euro dock to dock - roll on roll off for service from Amsterdam to Baltimore I was just quoted 625 euro not including customs and tax.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,039 Posts
Euro 1520 (10/2010) & 1440 (current) to Galveston. Consistent with one in 3/2009. More to the left coast. On WW RoRo. Written WW quotes for a Giulia. B

·
Registered
620 Posts
As to the late 80's BMW touring, make sure it is 25 years old or older and you should have very little problem getting one in to the US. Just a few more years for Lancia Delta Integrale/Evos and Alfa 155QV's!

LDK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts