Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a head swap on my 82 spider due to a worn valve guide (excessive oil consumption, smoking, etc). I've done a head before (several times) on a 1969 Opel GT (basically half a chevy smallblock), but I was wondering if anybody has written a howto or whatnot on getting the valve timing lined up, and any gotchas I may encounter.

I may be able to figure it out as I go, but I'd prefer to not "risk" anything if you know what I mean. :D

I've searched around the forums for quite a bit here, and haven't been able to find this information. If somebody could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply... I have a good concept of how all of this works, I prefer to know what I'm getting into beforehand, and a reference wouldn't be a bad idea... would the Alfa Bible by Pat Braden have a guide to doing an Alfa head swap?

Mike

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'll keep searching. I just don't want to get the valve timing wrong or anything like that. I happen to like this motor and don't want to damage it. :)

Thanks again! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts