Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as we have extra time on our hands with the covid19 I decide to try and find a problem I’ve had with my head light and running light. So first I can’t get one of my head lights to work on High beam. No big deal. I really don’t drive it much at night. But what could be the issue? I just bought new head lights as one had a crack.
Second, as you can see by the attached pictures I am dealing with one side of the car where my driving light (white one) does not work. The flasher works fine. When changing the bulbs out, it works on the flasher but not the running light. Dunno what to look for.
Last, the light on the side of the front bumpers don’t work. Is this supposed to be for when we have flashers on or when the lights are on? I have never seen them work.
So now I’ve reached a road black with these issues. Do I change out the wiring connectors?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hi,

First, the light on the side of the bumper seems to be a position light. US model car. (I guess).

Now, for the rest :

1°) you don't have the head light on one side ? right ?
2°) you don't have position lights on the front of the car, or everywhere (front, rear, and license plate) ?

Flasher and lights are separate.

Check the fuse box, first. Then check the earth at every wires end.

let us know.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
After similar experiences with signal lights at least, I would check that the finger at the bottom of the socket that holds the light bulb is making contact with the bulb. Mine had been pushed in over time and was too deep in relation to the bulb when locked.
Try playing with the bulbs when the power is to them. Use an ohm meter to make sure your bulbs are good, it's frustrating to dive into something like this only to find out you had a bad bulb. As above, definitely make sure that ground goes to ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts