Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today on EBAY a 1992 Spider for sale that had headlight covers attached to it...does anyone know if these will fit a 1991 Spider, I would imagine they do, and also where I could pruchase a pair....?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll pass on the body work stuff...the body on my car is really clean and I don't want to make any modifications...I thought if I could just buy a pair that fits that would be nice, but since I can't I will leave it as is...Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,145 Posts
mick:

Centerline (and probably a number of other suppliers) sell those covers. However, the writeup on the Centerline site says: "The headlight "scoop" was changed on 1983-94 Spider and these covers will not fit well.", so maybe they won't fit your '92. You can find them at

Centerline Products: LF520 Headlight Cover Set Spider 1966-82

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 91 spider and thanks, but at that price I would want to make sure they look like factory, I will give Centerline a call and see about the fit....

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Poke threads instead as there's pix. (I think JohnM might have been the author of one)
The short of it is there's about a 1/2" gap in places, particularly the outer corners back by the headlight.

You'd also have to cut the notches that the tabs of the lense go into at the top of the headlight area and lose the trim ring you have now. This results in a kind of 'bug eyed' appearance to the lights as they mount on the front of the sheet metal while the older versions had the lights mounted behind the metal. (which you can do, but it takes some creative fabrication to get the outer style into the the inside, or coming up with older rear mounted buckets and welding some mount studs for them)

With just the lenses themselves as the only consideration, you could likely find or make some trim for the edges of the things so they appeared to fit better, but you'd still be left with the bulging lights inside there.

Now if conedriver and company would get off it and continue work on the covers they were tinkering a few years back we might have something viable for the S3's and S4's, but 'til then we're SOL.

·
Registered
585 Posts
headlight covers

Me too. I would buy a set for my 86 if they would look good. I hope that someone will take what we suggest, and make them. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts