Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My 2000GTV (UK) does not seem to have a hazard warning light, until recently I did not really think about this - but I have now had an alarm/immobiliser fitted and this lights all indicators when switched on and off. This made me wonder why I do not have a hazard light switch, I do have a dashboard light dim switch, but nothing next to it, which is where I think it should be?

It seems strange to me to have a car where you have a switch to dim the dashboard light, but no hazard light, I would have throught the hazard lights to be more important? Opinions or instruction on where to find it would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Baz

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hi Baz
On my 73 GTV, the hazard light switch is mounted between the HAND THROTTLE and the steering wheel, right above the fuse box.

I've seen a few hazard light switch for sale on eBay.
IAP - www.international-auto.com has them in stock too, the item number is 34358000

@ US$64.25 each

You might have to look at the USA GTV wiring diagram to see how to hook it up to an Euro model.

Wiring diagrams -
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=542

Baz said:
Hi All,

My 2000GTV (UK) does not seem to have a hazard warning light, until recently I did not really think about this - but I have now had an alarm/immobiliser fitted and this lights all indicators when switched on and off. This made me wonder why I do not have a hazard light switch, I do have a dashboard light dim switch, but nothing next to it, which is where I think it should be?

It seems strange to me to have a car where you have a switch to dim the dashboard light, but no hazard light, I would have throught the hazard lights to be more important? Opinions or instruction on where to find it would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Baz

·
Registered
77 Posts
My uk 77 Spider has no hazard lights or indeed any vestigal evidence that it may have had some at some point in the past. No legal requirements to have fitted hazard lights in uk until the mid 80s if I remember right.

There's a few places you can buy a whole kit (aka a switch, some wire and a seperate hazard lamp relay doofer) to fit as an add-on if you're missing it, but I suspect your setup is as delivered.

Dan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pleased to hear that it is not me being so stupid that I cannot find the switch. I think I'll just keep on going without hazard lights, I think I have tampered enough with the electrics to leave them alone for a while...

Hey, it'll never break down anyway.

Thanks,
Baz

·
Registered
89 Posts
My GTV doesn't have any switch between the hand throttle and the steering wheel. If I have to I just set my immobiliser to "panic". That does the trick.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Baz,

My Junior and my GTV (now in pieces) do have another switch next to the dash illumination but it's for the heated rear screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts