Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Seems to be a common problem but does anyone know where I can source a Hazard switch for a 1983 GTV ?
My one does not turn off anymore.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Are you in the US?

If so, there may be several state side suppliers who can offer the switch.

Vick's Autosport in TX
International Auto Parts in Virginia
Centerline in Colorado
Difatta Bros in Baltimore

Perhaps Alfa Parts in Berkley, or used parts from Alfa Parts Exchange in CA too.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Hi matty2608

Try sticking a toothpick in it to keep it turned off,or put a second hand or new one in it.
I have a second hand unit for $60.
There are a couple of different types,so maybe you can supply a picture.

Robert

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Robert,
I have tried sticking something in it to turn it off whch works but it slowly drains my battery. See attached pic of the switch im after. If you have one I would love to buy it from you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Hi matty2608

I have 4 of them here,which are all different from the picture you sent.
maybe remove yours,tell me the numbers on the back,where the wires go,and how many terminals.
maybe call me on 02 99392069 to discuss

Robert

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Robert,

Just signed up for Alfa BB, great forum. I've been working on a 73 Spider Veloce for the last 18 months. Currently onto the wiring and wondering if you still have original Hazard Light Switches, and are they for sale? Mine has a odd looking aftermarket replacement.

Regards,

Carmine

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Hi there Carmine

Welcome to the BB
You will find great advice and great reading here

The problem= hazard light switch
Yes I do still have some BUT
Australian delivered Spiders (last was 1976 ) did not have a hazard light switch as original.
You car may have an after market one fitted at some stage.
I could be correct that = the after market wireing will not be suitable for an original hazard light switch (alfetta series)
I can supply a switch,,but good luck with wireing it up.
My opinion= remove it and dont have one
Have 3 hazard light switches here = 6-7+8 wires terminals= take your pick
I know the US market had hazard light switches
Is yours a US or Australian delivered car.
My advice..= if you really want a hazard light switch,,talk to an auto electrician to supply and fit a new one= after market.

Also,,have a look at the spider picture thread on the BB
I still get dizzy looking at the steering wheel on the other side,even though I raced a 750 spider LH drive at Amaraoo and Eastern Creek a few times.
Happy reading.

Robert

Maybe one day I will enjoy my spider again
Yes,its still in the box

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I am new here and have recently had the same issue with me hazard light button for a 1983 Alfetta GTV6. I have tried looking online for a replacement, but can only come up with later model GTV buttons (where the button is mounted in the middle of the dash under the tachometer/gauges)

I am Melbourne based but my father is in Sydney and helps out with my Alfa stuff (he has had three Alfettas himself, including my old one which had this same problem twice). If anyone knows of places where I can get a replacement button in either place, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi I have a lot of switches but not that one how many terminals looks like five yours can be fixed not difficult ring me 0755909474 john

1 - 14 of 14 Posts