Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if there any of us out there. We (the 71 spider and I) are moving to Kauai North Shore and just curious if there are any Alfisti running loose in the islands.
Cheers,
Sam

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
There are a few on O'ahu. Actually there are two gold 1986 Spider Veloces here, I have one and the other is for sale.

Here's mine

I've seen a couple of others around too.

I have no idea about Kauai though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I currently live in California, but I am in Hawai'i once a month (family, fun and a little business). I am planning on moving back to Oahu when I retire in about a year-and-a-half:cool:. I did see a Milano there earlier this year. I am hoping to bring my GTV with me when my wife and I return. So there will be another Alfa in the islands soon.

Greg
'74 GTV

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember driving around Oahu in the 90s, alot of traffic but the speed limit was 60-65. On Kauai the traffic can be horrendous, but only 2 lane and the limit is 50. So much for third gear.
Last I checked an Oakland to Lihue car transport was about $1000, I would expect the same for Oahu.
Cheers

·
Registered
666 Posts
I used in to fly to Hawaii about two or three times a month- saw a few Alfas around Oahu, one or two on Maui and Kauai- the big problem there is the salt air, so a lot of vintage European cars seemed badly afflicted by the tin worm- precautions can be taken, but it's an uphill battle. Probably not the best place for spirited driving, but still some fun roads, and you can't beat the scenery for top down driving! Since I was renting cars there, I always opted for a convertible. Best of luck to you! :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
ccg498,

There are a handful of us Alfa owners on the Big Island, with 3 of us occasionally running our cars in the local SCCA autocross. Assuming the SuperFerry goes into service, you'll be able to join us one of these days. . . .

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sounds like fun Mark. Might need the rollbar and a more beastly shock set. We'll see how the ferry works out, so far I'm not a real fan, but mostly because of the way it's been engineered rather than the idea. Last I heard a 4 door with for people was 500.00 from Kauai to Oahu.... cheaper on Matson.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I've been in Honolulu for a few weeks... Seen a very rusty plum colored GTV2000 in town, a white S3 Spider in Kaneohe, a red S4 Spider at the Wards Center and a 164 on the Nimitz during the AM commute...
Wondering if I'll stay long term as I'm here on sabbatical... wondering if I should ship my GTV and/or Verde to the islands... There's little parking available where I am staying near Ala Moana... :(

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've been in Honolulu for a few weeks... Seen a very rusty plum colored GTV2000 in town, a white S3 Spider in Kaneohe, a red S4 Spider at the Wards Center and a 164 on the Nimitz during the AM commute...
Wondering if I'll stay long term as I'm here on sabbatical... wondering if I should ship my GTV and/or Verde to the islands... There's little parking available where I am staying near Ala Moana... :(
I've spent a fair amount of time in the islands, and rust is always a concern- especially for cars prone to the tin worm anyway. It's just the climate and the salt air- I'd think twice before bringing my Alfa(s) over, unless it is a permanant relocation and you're prepared to do some serious rust prevention and have dry storage for the cars- there are a few fun roads to drive there, for sure! Good luck in paradise! :D

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
"I've been in Honolulu for a few weeks... Seen a very rusty plum colored GTV2000 in town, a white S3 Spider in Kaneohe, a red S4 Spider at the Wards Center and a 164 on the Nimitz during the AM commute...
Wondering if I'll stay long term as I'm here on sabbatical... wondering if I should ship my GTV and/or Verde to the islands... There's little parking available where I am staying near Ala Moana... "

Next time you're in Kaneohe look for a gold spider at NAPA and drop in, I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
...saw a red Milano in the "fast lane" on eastbound H1 near Punahou heading around 5:45pm this past wednesday... rare site... see more Maseratis than Alfas...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gtv

I currently live in California, but I am in Hawai'i once a month (family, fun and a little business). I am planning on moving back to Oahu when I retire in about a year-and-a-half:cool:. I did see a Milano there earlier this year. I am hoping to bring my GTV with me when my wife and I return. So there will be another Alfa in the islands soon.

Greg
'74 GTV
i own a 71 red GTV for 10 years and i was having a problem finding a Mechanic who did ALFA I regret I sold it but am actively looking to buy another it is a one of a kind, hpoefully I can join u in a rally buy the way would you know of another GTV for sale let me know

Lopaka

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gtv

KEN I live in waikiki had a GTV 71 FOR 10 years in the southbay I regret selling it at the time i just could not find an Alfa mechanic here on island in the late 80's. if you don't you 'll miss it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gtv 71

ccg498,

there are a handful of us alfa owners on the big island, with 3 of us occasionally running our cars in the local scca autocross. Assuming the superferry goes into service, you'll be able to join us one of these days. . . .
i had a 71 gtv for 10 years sold it late 80 could not find a mechanic regret that i did! I am looking to but another pls let me know if you ever decide to sell gtv is in great company

lopaka

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Delta Sierra Alfa Romeo Club, a chapter of Alfa Romeo Owners Club, based in the Sacramento area has members that reside on the big island

1 - 18 of 18 Posts