Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Working on a 1994 164 LS V6 24V and I am really having trouble locating any definitive timing marks on the cam shafts. Does anyone have a clear picture of what I should be looking for? I've been told the timing marks are located on the rear of the cams but I'm not really seeing anything. The only thing I see are (3) marks that are all 120 degrees apart. Would these relate to cam timing or are these just marks from holding the cam still while it's being manufactured?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,597 Posts
This is why they made the 4 cam timing dies to lock cams in time. Somebody has posted pix on this BB showing marks but they are hard to see. Try searching for post.

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
Greetings,

Working on a 1994 164 LS V6 24V and I am really having trouble locating any definitive timing marks on the cam shafts. Does anyone have a clear picture of what I should be looking for? I've been told the timing marks are located on the rear of the cams but I'm not really seeing anything. The only thing I see are (3) marks that are all 120 degrees apart. Would these relate to cam timing or are these just marks from holding the cam still while it's being manufactured?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.
Well those are the marks. They should line up with the head on the ends. I will see if I have a pic.
You really need the cam locks & TDC tool with gauge. Basically if it is close or on time now put it at TDC and Cam loabs for Cyl. #1 are both angled inward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts