Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all,

Turns out that my car wasn't leaking from the sump but from the passenger side oil seal on the box. I wish I knew that before today when it began to get hard to get into gear.

So I began to drain what little oil that was left in the box. Filled it back up and it seems to be much better than before still a bit hard to get into gear but not half as bad as before.

Have a destroyed my syncros or are should they be ok?? Bearing in mind that it was only for 20 miles at most there was little oil in the box.

Damien.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hard to say but I have had similar situations without any immediate apparent damage. Gearshifts could loosen up still more once the vehicle is driven a bit and the new oil works its way around. Good luck!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to say but I have had similar situations without any immediate apparent damage. Gearshifts could loosen up still more once the vehicle is driven a bit and the new oil works its way around. Good luck!
Hopefully, I would rather spend the money on getting the body fixed and sprayed up. But if the gearbox needs it I will spent on it but don't want too lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts