Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to figure out which ones I want.

I like the darker heat treated ones. As the painted ones look to bright. At least in the pictures.

Also they are going to have hubcaps on them.

Let me know what you guys think.

The rims on my car are just the 14" from the 1750's.

Thanks

WH040/3 TZ/Ti SUPER REPLICA ALLOY WHEEL 5.5 X 15 - HEAT TREATED - NATURAL FINISH

Attachments

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Those look like HeinBrand wheels ... IIRC made by Compomotive.

The third ones are Alfaholics ... available either in aluminum or magnesium ... the aluminum ones look like the Technomagnesio repro from the 80's

Classic Alfa are the only ones set up for clips for hubcaps I believe.

Here is a photo of my painted TZ wheels without the hub caps.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Classic Alfa are the only ones set up for clips for hubcaps I believe.
They offer one with the clips installed.

But Tom at Classic Alfa said he would send a copy of the pattern for me to drill and install the clips.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a photo of my painted TZ wheels without the hub caps.
Are your a real bright silver or close to the silver that original ones would have.

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
I can post a pic of my car, which has natural mag color, if that matters to you. Can do in the AM, or look on my "localized paint repair" thread back about two years.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Andrew,

The natural is what I really like. But its not offered in the ti super rims. just the heat treated natural which is darker.

I'm not sure if the darker is going to look good on my car with the med to dark grey paint and bright hubcaps.

The link to the GTA wheels Classic Alfas has sold that is just natural without the heat treating.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andrew.

Are your 5.5 X 15 or 5 X 15?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I bought mine used from my mechanic. Another client bought them for his giulietta and they did not fit right. I am pretty sure they are the Classic Alfa ones and not Alfaholics. (next time the wheels are off I will check). 15" x 5.5". I had thought about someday adding the clips and hubcaps. They are bright silver....only when washed :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Here's mine on my Rep. If you don't like the bright finish, you could always have them vapour blasted and they would look like the GTA rims that Classic Alfa sell that are "natural".
You DO then have to protect them, either with oil, or you could matt laquer them. First pic is a car similar to mine with the vapour blasted wheels

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's mine on my Rep. If you don't like the bright finish, you could always have them vapour blasted and they would look like the GTA rims that Classic Alfa sell that are "natural".
You DO then have to protect them, either with oil, or you could matt laquer them. First pic is a car similar to mine with the vapour blasted wheels
What oil is being used on them?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I spoke to CA about it a few years ago, when I was contemplating buying some "ready blasted" GTA rims, they said WD40. Obviously WD 40 evaporates over time, which, in respect of cleaning, is a good thing.
WD40 them - it evaporates - clean them - re oil.
I think that if I ever bought a set, or had mine vapour blasted, I'd matt laquer them.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts

Here are mine in bright silver. These are from Classic Alfa last month (March) as used, 15x5.5, I think they look good with the green and the other bright trim on the Super. Since yours is Grey you might look at Alfaholics web site. They did a Grey one not long ago and the wheels with hub caps looked really nice!
DJ

·
Premium Member
128 Posts

Try this as a link. There are several Giulia on their build page with different wheels.

DJ

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, I purchased those TZ/Super wheels a few years ago. I powdercoated them charcoal because the raw finish appeared to be hard to maintain.
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 8.19.48 PM.png

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have a set I bought a long time ago that im planning on refinishing for my 67 Super. I want to mod them for hub caps They are heavy, fwiw, like 22# each

1 - 20 of 35 Posts